1. Enrolment: Fill in the application form, scan it and send it to email@example.com. A deposit of 20% of the total amount is due at the time of registration. With your application you commit yourself to the services requested and booking conditions. After having received your application and deposit we will send the confirmation of enrolment and the invoice. The welcome pack with extra information and the address of your accommodation will be sent after you have settled the remaining balance. The invoice must be paid in full four weeks before arrival.
2. Change of booking: Any change (e.g. arrival date, accommodation, etc.) required up to 28 days before departure will incur a fee of 50€ / £40 / $65 or equivalent (USA in accordance with ACCET and local state regulations). Afterwards we will do our utmost, but cannot guarantee the fulfilment of the request made since extra costs may be incurred. In that case, the rebooking charge may exceed 50€ / £40 / $65.
3. Rebooking and cancellation: If a booking is altered up to 28 days before departure we will be obliged to charge a fee of 50€ / £40 / $65. After this period we cannot guarantee the requested changes and the rebooking costs may exceed the above amounts. In the case of cancellation, we will charge some types of fees. These fees are various from difference campuses, please contact us in advance for details.
4. Visa: In order to provide the letter of acceptance required by the embassy for issuing a visa, 40% of the total amount should be paid together with an additional charge of non-refundable 80€ / £65 / $120 or equivalent (in USA and Canada this amount is included in the registration fee); non-refundable shipping fees may apply. In the case of visa refusal, a full refund minus the additional, non refundable fees can only be made if the student provides the letter of refusal issued by the embassy at least 14 days before departure (evidence of visa refusal is required). After this date we will consider the participation of the student as confirmed and normal cancellation/rebooking charges will apply. In case the visa has not yet been issued 15 days before departure, we strongly recommend postponing the course. In this case, the first rebooking fee will not be charged.
5. Acceptable forms of payment:
By bank transfer: The relevant account number will be on the invoice. Please send us a copy of the transfer order. All bank charges will be incurred by you.
By credit card: Upon your notification, the appropriate form will be sent. It will need to be completed with the name of the credit card issuer, card number, expiry date and signature. An additional 2% credit card fee will be charged.
6. Insurance: Neither agent, operator, nor the school will be held responsible in any way for any accident, illness, loss of personal effects or change in personal circumstances arising at any time prior to or during the course. We therefore strongly recommend our personal travel insurance (incl. Health, Accident, Liability, Deportation:
For adults: basic protection from 1,20€ / £0.92 / $1.68 per person per day plus a service charge of 13€ / £10 / $18).
For students and young people: basic protection from 1,29€ / £0.99 / $1.81 per person per day plus a service charge of 13€ / £10 / $18).
7. Liability: Parents of minors agree that neither SC Study Centers nor the homestay shall be liable for damage or problems caused either negligently or intentionally by their children while participating in trips. Parents and their children who are still minors recognise and accept the laws and the normal code of conduct of the country which they are visiting.
8. Rights to image and film material: By agreeing to our general terms and conditions you are accepting that SC Study Centers has the right to use any photos, video and sound recordings which may be produced in the course of a language programme. These materials may be used by us for promotional purposes without cost implication or the need for a separate authorisation from you.
Errors and changes reserved.